I'm a (temporary) MOM!
Hi ladies! Tomorrow is my blog day, but since I'm pretty busy on Tuesdays in general and have some time now, I thought I'd tell you the latest with us. This picture is my cousin Jeremiah's kids. We've been watching them since Thursday (at their house) while their parents are out of town in PA for his sisters wedding. It's been quite an event! I've been working all day and then coming home and making dinner for five and then baths, pjs, teeth, stories, scriptures, prayers and bed. It's like instant family. While it has been overwhelming at times (during Sacrament Mtg), it has confirmed to me that I can do it. If I can handle three ADHD boys that are not mine (2 two-years olds!) with poop and snot and dirt, then I can definitely handle a whole slew of my own. Also, seeing James with the boys was so endearing. He was so fun with them and they absolutely LOVE him. (Although he had them all day today alone and I came home to three boys still in their pajamas with spaghetti o's on their faces and VERY used diapers.) All is all, it's been a learning experience and I know that children really are very special to Heavenly Father and it's OUR responsibility to teach them to remember Him.I'm glad I can see the good of this week...the rest of my family (and anyone who knows these boys) thinks I'm likely to be translated up into heaven at any moment for doing this for them. :)
2 Comments:
cute kids, lay! i can't believe the big pregnancy movement going on. all very exciting! although i don't think i'll be jumping on that bandwagon for another 5 years.
Lay is a saint for watching those kids- they were awful! But a few days with the Schmidts and they were much better. :) ALthough I still don't want to have a boy and then twin boys two years later. Heck, I think I'll be having my second around the time Smithy has her first! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home