I am Self-Employed
I was looking over my contract and realized that I am an employee of no one. I am an independent contract aka self-employed. That means that I am responsible for paying my own taxes! Yikes! Luckily Merlene Burnham works for the IRS. So, she put me in contact with a co-worker who went through the whole process for me. literally. It was a long call, but I'm super thankful b/c who knew that there was a 7% self-employment tax?!?! (<- and that's for the lowest tax bracket group). ghetto.
On another note, I'm definately saving up money for a Europe trip. I hope a few of you will accompany me! If not, that's coolio. Utah is pretty nice at the end of March. A little snow, a little sunshine! It's been sooo long since I've been out of the country, so I'm itchin' for a change of scenery!
2 Comments:
Thank heavens for connections to help you out with the whole taxes- I'm horrible at such things :)
And no worries I already passed the idea by Scott about traveling and I am saving the money I saved from my birthday to go (I still have a WHOLE lot more to save) but it'll be great!
Merlene Burnham! I miss her so much! Tell her I love her! Crazy how people bust out and are so helpful! So, I assume you have to fill out a 1099? That's way ghetto that you have to do your own taxes. Bummer.
Ok, on Europe. There is benefits renewal (for our health plan...the rates go up) annually at A-Plus Benefits and no one in the department can take time off in April or May. So, are the dates hard and fast?
Post a Comment
<< Home